Employment Opportunity: YCW Marketing and Development Assistant
Marketing and Development Assistant (funding pending)
The Marketing and Development Assistant will work at Open Space, an artist-run centre in Victoria, BC, located on unceded First Nations territory, including the Esquimalt, Songhees, and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations.
Wage: $17.00/hour for 12 weeks, beginning June 6 and continuing to August 26, 2017. Interviews will begin during the week of May 29.
Apply with a one-page cover letter and a current resume or CV to:
510 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1E6
BEFORE: Friday, May 12, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Email applications: email@example.com (Candidates applying by email must indicate “Marketing and Development Assistant Competition” in the subject window.)
The Marketing and Development Assistant will assist Open Space’s current promotional and development strategies, implementing a new sponsorship initiative, drafting promotional materials for the fall and winter programming, assisting with event preparation, drafting an appeal letter, and developing relationships with communities and organizations. This summer position is an introduction to marketing and development. The Marketing and Development Assistant will create a portfolio of their work over the course of the summer.
Qualifications: The Marketing and Development Assistant has a background in fine arts, art history, museum studies, creative writing, business, marketing, or communications. An interest in the arts is an asset. This position requires excellent computer skills (Mac operating system, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites, and MailChimp) along with strong writing and communication skills. We are looking for someone who can meet organizational deadlines and thrive on independent work. We value a sense of responsibility, reliability, and active participation. The successful applicant is attending classes in spring 2017 and will be returning to classes in the fall of 2017.
Applicants must be registered with Young Canada Works. Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment. Note that the Open Space workweek is Tuesday through Saturday, with Sunday–Monday weekends;
- Have finished the school term at the start of employment;
- Be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
- Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
- Have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job;
- Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Applications are welcomed from all qualified applicants including women, visible minorities, trans and queer persons, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Open Space is not wheelchair accessible.